Friday, May 15, 2009

Myvatn lake insect invasion

I was in Warsaw yesterday because I have received a nomination in Grand Press Photo contest– it is an award for polish photojournalists. In my case the nomination didn’t turn into an award but I was happy anyway to see some of the best work made by polish photojournalists.
The Grand-prix winner is truly stunning you can see it on grand press photo website.
For me it was strange to receive the nomination for a picture in the category “environment” because it is not particularly my cup of tea. I shot it in Iceland on the shore of the Myvatn lake (midgets lake) which is known for hordes of flies and mosquitoes. Below the photo you can see the 100% crop that does the picture justice.




100% crop from the picture above:


more pictures from Lake Myvatn in Iceland here

No comments:

Post a Comment