Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Karate Kid

I was in Casamance - a region after long low-level conflict that was fuelled by dispute over regions independence from Senegal when I spotted this karate gym, the light was great, I introduced myself and after a short chat I was allowed to shoot some photographs




The master-trainer himself


Then I left and after a long walk I reached my hotel where I saw this man- he was obviously coming back from the same gym, but I haven't seen him there before. I have shoot quickly without asking a series of pictures and he bowed - this was karate style bow of course. Then I showed him the pictures from the gym. We laughed - he must have went out of the gym just couple of seconds before I entered it.
This is my favourite photo from senegal:

more images from Senegal Casamance region

No comments:

Post a Comment